As the fourth largest population in the world (with 66% being of a productive age) fashion is one industry where Indonesia has a huge potential. The growth of Indonesia’s national apparel industry is currently estimated to be billions in USD. Indonesia needs to leverage this opportunity by taking advantage of its amazing and diverse heritage, manufacturing power and fashion supply chain. This will enable Indonesia to compete with foreign brands and become a leading international fashion powerhouse. As the role of the local fashion designer will greatly affect the realisation of these opportunities, serious professional training and education is highly needed in the industry.
Istituto di Moda Burgo Indonesia is a fashion school that brings Italian know-how through education to Indonesia.
As the ‘Made in Italy’ label is recognised as the top quality craftsmanship in the world, our aim is that our graduates not only just rely on raw talent but also be versed with world class skills and knowledge.
Our vision is to be a fashion school with a proven reputation and standard of excellence of providing the best education to our graduates.
Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions in life. Therefore here is what makes Istituto di Moda Burgo Indonesia special as a fashion school:
- Istituto di Moda Burgo Indonesia is a fashion school that focuses 100% on fashion.
- The original Istituto di Moda Burgo Milan is well-known as the best fashion school in the world, successfully creating a curriculum through our historical books (Il Figurino and Il modellismo) that focus on skill and practice into formal education.
- Concentrating on the practical to help the student learn the primary skills as a designer. Skill is knowledge and skill is achieved through practice, hard work and dedication to being better every single day.
IMB Indonesia creates a convenient way to study adjusting to each individual student’s particular level. Students with different levels, backgrounds, experiences and expertise, they will have possibility to study because of our flexibility in:
- Curriculum arrangement
- Study period and schedule
- Payment arrangement
IMB Indonesia the only fashion school in Indonesia that provides an International Diploma Programme by studying in three cities: Jakarta, Milan and Rome. This is because we aim our graduates to have international experience so they are able to position themselves not only locally but also internationally.
Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. The true goal of our education is for our students to have values that we are share through education:
1. Passion – we motivate our students to enjoy and love what they are doing because “when love and skill work together it will create a masterpiece”
2. Style – to be bold with their own unique character in designing
3. Hard work
4. Having a good attitude:
- Humble and teachable. Successful people are lifelong learners who do not disregard the input of others even in areas where they feel knowledgeable. They count the suggestions of others as valuable information.
- Independent and responsible, the fashion world is extremely competitive, a successful designer needs discipline and superb organisation skills.
“Excellence is not a skill it’s an attitude”
- Ralph Maston
Under patronage of IMB Milan
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe now and receive a free trial lesson, so you too can discover our Italian Fashion School!